This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
This exercise will have you demonstrate an understanding of Drupal themes and how to develop CSS to theme the default markup created by Drupal, with particular reference to CSS naming conventions.
Add classes to markup and CSS to your theme to style your site.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Understand the basic concepts of a Drupal theme and the default classes provided by Drupal.
- Configure basic settings within a theme.
- Create Sass/CSS for Drupal elements.
- Configure PhpStorm to use Drupal settings.
Configure your custom theme by uploading a logo, and disabling the site name and slogan.
- Configuring PhpStorm to use with Drupal makes development faster and more standards compliant.
- Regularly add and commit your changes.
- Use Drupal CSS coding standards when developing CSS.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Override Template Files.
- Git Basics - Getting a Git Repository (git-scm.com)
- Video: Introduction to Git series (Drupalize.Me)
- Enabling Drupal Integration in an Existing PhpStorm Project (JetBrains.com)
- Video: PhpStorm IDE series (Drupalize.Me)
- Drupal CSS Coding standards (Drupal.org)
- Applying SMACSS to Drupal (AtenDesignGroup.com)
- Video: Create CSS Stub Files (with Sass) (Drupalize.Me)