This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
Create autocomplete fields and menu hooks.
Add an autocomplete field that uses a query from JSON output.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Understand how autocomplete fields work, and can be created.
- Understand how menu hooks can return data in different formats.
Create a menu hook as an entry point for the autocomplete function.
- Autocomplete fields are part of Drupal core, and can be created to perform matches using any query.
- Menu hooks can return data in a specific format by using
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Add Form Data to Custom Database Tables.