This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
In this exercise you will demonstrate knowledge of core search by enabling site search, configuring the search display to format the content, and indexing the content.
Configure site search and index content.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Configure a content type to display search results.
- Index content for search.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
- Search Results
Allow anonymous users to access the search form.
- When a user searches a form, the search runs on the index, not the nodes.
- Apache SOLR is a popular alternative to search.
- Search indexing is dependent on cron.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Create a Custom Theme.
- Video: Spotlight: Search Module (Drupalize.Me)