Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
In this exercise you will create URL aliases for all content, and create user roles to allow logged-in users to create content.
Download, enable, and configure Pathauto module. Create a new user role for site contributors.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Create URL alias patterns for content.
- Practice creating paths to all content items.
- Use the user management tools within Drupal.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
Install the Pathauto module.
- Paths can be applied retrospectively to content.
- The URL structure should be considered at the design stage.
- Most security breaches are due to mismanaged user access settings.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Configure Search.
- Video: Spotlight: Pathauto (Drupalize.Me)
- Video: Hands-On: Automating URL Aliases (Drupalize.Me)
- Video: Hands-On: Creating Roles and Users (Drupalize.Me)