Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
Create a new module for movie imports, which will display a form when the user navigates to a page.
Create a custom form inside a custom module.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- How to create a module.
- Use a menu hook to define a start point for the user journey.
- Create a form containing a text field and a submit button.
Create a new module for movie imports.
Create a menu hook to register the required URL
Create a form that displays text about movie imports, a field for a movie title, and a submit button.
- Break down a scenario into small pieces of functionality to identify components for re-use.
hook_menuand the form API to create the necessary form.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Validate a Form.
- Video: Overview of the Drupal Menu System (Drupalize.Me)
- Video: An Overview of the Form API (Drupalize.Me)
- Video: Creating, Submitting and Validating a Simple Form (Drupalize.Me)
- API Documentation: hook_menu (api.drupal.org)
- API Documentation: Form generation (api.drupal.org)
- API Documentation: Form API Reference (api.drupal.org)