Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
Identify and use preprocessors by creating a custom breadcrumb trail on a page, and reduce and refactor code in custom modules.
Create a custom breadcrumb trail to meet the requirements in the wireframe.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- How to identify scenarios using page preprocessors.
- Use Drupal core functions to create a breadcrumb trail.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
Create a custom breadcrumb trail to meet the requirements of the wireframes. All elements in the breadcrumb trail should link to their appropriate pages.
- It’s possible to extract information about the current page to use as a condition by using core menu functions.
- When writing custom code, reduce duplication and refactor as you go.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Create a Form.
- Video: Overriding Theme Functions (Drupalize.Me)
- API Documentation Breadcrumb functions (api.drupal.org)
- API Documentation Menu functions (api.drupal.org)