This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
In this exercise you will create URL aliases for all content, and create user roles to allow logged-in users to create content.
Download, enable, and configure Pathauto module. Create a new user role for site contributors.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Create URL alias patterns for content.
- Practice creating paths to all content items.
- Use the user management tools within Drupal.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
Install the Pathauto module.
- Paths can be applied retrospectively to content.
- The URL structure should be considered at the design stage.
- Most security breaches are due to mismanaged user access settings.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Configure Search.