Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
In this exercise you will demonstrate your ability to create a custom theme as a subtheme based on Zen and use Sass.
Create custom theme for the site.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Download the Zen theme and create a subtheme.
- Use Sass to generate the CSS.
Install the Zen theme.
- It’s easier to write a theme from a "bare bones" starter theme.
- Some themes are pre-installed with more functionality than others, e.g. Bootstrap.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Create CSS for Default Markup.