Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
Use a form submit hook to pass information down the form API and create a node programmatically.
Create a node programmatically.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Create a form submit hook, and act upon values passed to it.
- Create a node programmatically.
Write a "submit hook" to accept the values of the form.
For bonus points, on an existing node, you can check if the data from the external API is the same as is in the Drupal database and update the node programmatically if there are differences.
-Parameters in the form API, e.g.
hook_form_submit are passed by reference.
- Nodes can be created programmatically and the representation of nodes when we view them is very similar in structure to when we save them.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Fetch and Attach an Image File.
- Video: Creating, Submitting and Validating a Simple Form (Drupalize.Me)
- API Documentation: Form generation (api.drupal.org)
- API Documentation: Node API Hooks (api.drupal.org)