This page is archived
We're keeping this page up as a courtesy to folks who may need to refer to old instructions. We don't plan to update this page.
Display custom content using a render array.
Output custom data from a module using a theme function, render array, and template file.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Have a page return custom content.
- Create a render array.
- Register and create theme functions.
Create a menu hook to link to a callback which will contain the render array. The callback function should be in a new file.
- Custom pages can be created and returned by creating a render array.
- Custom theme functions can be registered in a custom module, using theme functions to contain markup, or template files to create markup.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Integrate Ajax Functionality.