Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
Create an install hook to pre-define a list of films to import.
Import a list of films when your custom module is enabled.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Create an install hook.
- Use variables within a module.
Create an update hook for the Movie Import module that saves a list of movie names in a variable. The list can be hardcoded, or an API can be used to generate the list when the hook is run.
- Install hooks are used to define configuration settings and default data for a module.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Create a Drush Command.
- API Documentation: Function hook_update_N (api.drupal.org)
- Video (using hook_update_N): Adding a Table to the Database (Drupalize.Me)