Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
Manage text formats and filters and add a WYSIWYG editor.
Add a WYSIWYG editor and use it in a text format configuration.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Manage content filters in Drupal.
- How to download and use external libraries.
Download the WYSIWYG module.
Consult the WYSIWYG module page on drupal.org and download the appropriate version of CKEditor into the libraries directory.
Configure the content filter for Filtered and Full HTML to use CKEditor.
- Some modules are dependent upon third-party libraries to run.
- When using external libraries, be careful to ensure the correct versions are used.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Analyze Site Performance.
- Documentation: WYSIWYG (Drupal.org)
- Video: Hands-On: Setting up WYSIWYG (Drupalize.Me)