Learn how to use Features to manage configuration changes and understand the configuration change workflow in a team environment.
Objectives and Prerequisites
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Create and update features.
- Share configuration changes between developers.
Part 1: Create and save features
Part 2: Enable features in a new deployment
Part 3: Update configuration changes using Features
Part 4: Apply configuration changes on another project
- Features can be used to export configuration changes within Drupal, and can share configuration changes within a team.
- Developers should always revert Features (
drush fra) to apply any configuration changes in the codebase.
- Features must be managed with care to avoid conflicts.
- Configuration changes must always be pushed to a live environment via feature changes or update hooks. Altering configuration on the live site via the UI should be avoided.