Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
In this exercise you will demonstrate more advanced Views skills by building a view with a relationship between content and taxonomy and formatting the output using a table.
Create a view of content with a relationship to a taxonomy term and format it as a table.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Create relationships within views.
- Customize the markup of content within a view.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
- Reviews Index Page
Screenshot of a finished index:
Create a view with the URL of reviews, containing taxonomy terms, using Genre as the parent vocabulary.
- There are many configuration settings required to do this. Check the configuration options carefully.
- Relationships between content can be created to enable a multitude of possible scenarios.
- Different formatting options enable us to present content for a range of purposes.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Create a Custom Layout with Panels.
- Video: Introduction to Views in Drupal 7 series, in particular lessons 5 and 7 (Drupalize.Me)
- Video: Rewriting Views Field Output (Drupalize.Me)