In this exercise you will demonstrate the ability to build a 'Movie Review' content type based on our design by downloading contributed modules to provide all the necessary field types.
Objectives and Prerequisites
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Establish what field types are missing from Drupal core, and download contributed modules to fulfil the requirements of our content type.
- Create and configure all the necessary fields in our content type.
- Configure the display mode of a content type to format the display of content.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
- Review Page
Screenshot of a finished movie review
- There are 3 contributed modules required for this content type in Drupal 7. (Only 1 is needed in Drupal 8+).
- Use sensible machine names. Prefix each one with movie_review to help make it easier to identify fields by content type later.
- Use http://www.lipsum.com/ to generate filler text for large content areas.
- Use meaningful Titles and Descriptions for your fields. Remember someone else may be authoring the content.
- Use Drush wherever possible to speed up the download of modules.
- Use out-of-the-box Drupal configuration wherever possible to meet your objectives.