Check your version
This tutorial covers a topic in Drupal 7 which may or may not be the version you're using. We're keeping this tutorial online as a courtesy to users of Drupal 7, but we consider it archived.
In this exercise you will combine knowledge of Panels and Views to create a complex page layout.
Create a layout for the home page.
You will need the following knowledge and skills. If you need a review, check out the Additional resources section at the bottom of this page.
- Configure the home page.
- Build a complex page layout using Panels.
You will need to refer to the wireframe collection PDF.
- Home page
Screenshot of finished home page:
Create views blocks for Recent Lists, Latest Reviews, and News. (Note: For this stage don’t add the links to the Latest Reviews content on the right side of the wireframe.)
- Try and understand the architectural concept of how the homepage is constructed.
- Quicktabs can contain a range of content, but is most often used for views.
- Quicktabs can be placed within Panels.
Further your understanding
- Continue to the next lesson: Movie Project: Configure URL Aliases and User Permissions.
- Video: Building Websites in Drupal 7 Using Panels series (Drupalize.Me)